Managing quality during the development, operation, and maintenance of software based systems and services is a challenging task. Although many organizations need to define, control, measure, and improve various quality aspects of their development artifacts and processes, nearly no guidance is available on how to select, adapt, define, combine, use, and evolve appropriate quality-related activities and models. Today’s software quality assurance techniques, for instance, are often applied in isolation, without any consideration for the synergies resulting from systematically combining and integrating different techniques. Such combinations promise benefits, such as a reduction in quality assurance effort or higher defect detection rates. Our work focuses on developing empirically based quality models, providing innovative quality assurance methods, techniques, and tools, and developing comprehensive quality assurance strategies.
- Frank Elberzhager, Vi Tran Ngoc Nha, Jürgen Münch, “A Systematic Mapping Study on the Combination of Static and Dynamic Quality Assurance Techniques”, Information and Software Technology Journal (IST), vol. 54, no. 1, pp. 1-15, 2012.
- Frank Elberzhager, Jürgen Münch, Dieter Rombach, Bernd Freimut, “Integrating Inspection and Test Processes based on Context-Specific Assumptions”, Journal of Software: Evolution and Process (JSEP), 2012.
- Michael Kläs, Frank Elberzhager, Jürgen Münch, Klaus Hartjes, Olaf von Graevemeyer, “Transparent Combination of Expert and Measurement Data for Defect Prediction – An Industrial Case Study”, Proceedings of the 32nd ACM/IEEE International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE 2010), Cape Town, South Africa, vol. 2, pp. 119-128, May 2-8, 2010.
- Michael Kläs, Haruka Nakao, Frank Elberzhager, Jürgen Münch, “Support Planning and Controlling of Early Quality Assurance by Combining Expert Judgment and Defect Data – A Case Study”, Empirical Software Engineering Journal, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 423-454, 2010.
- Stefan Wagner, Manfred Broy, Florian Deißenböck, Michael Kläs, Peter Liggesmeyer, Jürgen Münch, Jonathan Streit, “Softwarequalitätsmodelle: Praxisempfehlungen und Forschungsagenda”, Informatik-Spektrum, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 37-44, 2010. [German]