The concept of processes is at the heart of software and systems engineering. Software process models integrate software engineering methods and techniques and are the basis for managing large-scale software and IT projects. High product quality routinely results from high process quality. Process management deals with getting and maintaining control over processes and their evolution. We challenge software process research to address the vision that by using an appropriate combination of process and product engineering techniques, value creation, adherence to cost and schedule constraints, and the fulfillment of quality requirements can be guaranteed on the basis of empirical facts. Our work focuses on descriptive process modeling, formal software process notations, simulation and innovative software processes.
- Jürgen Münch, Ove Armbrust, Martin Soto, Martin Kowalczyk, “Software Process Definition and Management“, Springer, 2012.
- Jens Heidrich, Jürgen Münch, William Riddle, Dieter Rombach, “People-oriented Capture, Display, and Use of Process Information”, In: New Trends in Software Process Modeling, (S. T. Acuña and M. I. Sánchez-Segura, eds.), Series on Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering, Vol. 18, World Scientific Publishing Company, pp. 121-179, 2006.
- Ove Armbrust, Thomas Berlage, Thomas Hanne, Patrick Lang, Jürgen Münch, Holger Neu, Stefan Nickel, Ioana Rus, Alex Sarishvili, Sascha van Stockum, and Andreas Wirsen, „Simulation-based Software Process Modeling and Evaluation”, In: Handbook of Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering, Vol. 3: Recent Advances”, (S. K. Chang, ed.), World Scientific Publishing Company, pp. 333-364, 2005.
- Dieter Rombach, Jürgen Münch, Alexis Ocampo, Watts S. Humphrey, Dan Burton, “Teaching Disciplined Software Development”, International Journal of Systems and Software, vol. 81, issues 5, pp. 747-763, May 2008.
- Jürgen Münch and Dieter Rombach, “Entwicklungsprozesse für eingebettete Software“, In: Software Engineering eingebetteter Systeme: Grundlagen – Methodik – Anwendungen, (P. Liggesmeyer and D. Rombach, eds.), pp. 13-38, Elsevier, 2005. [German]