With the increasing availability and usage of data from projects and empirical studies, software measurement, software analytics, and effective data interpretation are gaining more importance. This is caused, for instance, by the increasing necessity to use quantitative approaches in practice and the need for justifying software-related costs in the context of business strategies and business value. Software measurement can, for instance, support the assessment of the current project status and the achievement of project goals and requirements. Data interpretation can help to draw conclusions from collected data, support decision-making, and contribute to better processes, products, and software quality. Our work focuses on innovative measurement approaches, cost and effort estimation approaches, and measurement-based business alignment. In addition, we support companies in developing and deploying highly effective key performance indicators as well as in conducting data analyses.
- Jürgen Münch and Jens Heidrich, “Software Project Control Centers: Concepts and Approaches”, International Journal of Systems and Software, vol. 70, issues 1-2, pp. 3-19, February 2004.
- Victor Basili, Jens Heidrich, Mikael Lindvall, Jürgen Münch, Myrna Regardie, Dieter Rombach, Carolyn Seaman, Adam Trendowicz, “Linking Software Development and Business Strategy Through Measurement”, IEEE Computer, vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 57-65, 2010.
- Victor Basili, Jens Heidrich, Mikael Lindvall, Jürgen Münch, Myrna Regardie, Adam Trendowicz, “Bridging the Gap Between Business Strategy and Software Development”, Proceedings of the International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS 2007), Montréal, Québec, Canada, December 9-12, 2007.
- Adam Trendowicz, Jens Heidrich, Jürgen Münch, Yasushi Ishigai, Kenji Yokoyama, Nahomi Kikuchi, “Development of a Hybrid Cost Estimation Model in an Iterative Manner”, Proceedings of the 28th International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE 2006), Shanghai, China, May 20-28, ACM Press, New York, pp. 331-340, 2006.
- Adam Trendowicz, Jürgen Münch, “Factors Influencing Software Development Productivity – State of the Art and Industrial Experiences”, Advances in Computers (Marvin V. Zelkowitz, ed.), Elsevier, vol. 77, pp. 185-241, 2009.
- Adam Trendowicz, Jürgen Münch, Ross Jeffery, “State of the Practice in Software Effort Estimation: A Survey and Literature Review”, Proceedings of the 3rd IFIP TC2 Central and Eastern European Conference on Software Engineering Techniques (CEE-SET 2008), Brno, Czech Republic, October 13-15, 2008.